Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Day two

Word of the day: Loquacious

Joke of the day: how do you get a guitar player to play softer? Put sheet music in front of him.

Journal:

Waking up in the morning wasn’t a pleasant experience… we got up at 6:45, and had to be at the church by 7:20… no bueno. Warm ups, tired voice, tired body not wanting to wake up…

The concert started to go on, and I wasn’t really in the mood to be singing at that point… I was thinking about my voice being gone, the fact that this was only the first of 8 days on tour, and the first of three concerts that day. It was going to be a long day… but then something caught my attention: I was looking out, and there about 5 rows back on the aisle was this little old man, looked like he was about 55 or 60, and he… he was happy. He was SO happy, raising his hands while we worshipped, dancing around, literally dancing around the aisles and clapping and cheering for jesus. Man… that broke me a little bit… if I am struggling over these dumb, meaningless nothings and letting them ruin my day, and this guy is throwing all his cares away and loving and worshipping and dancing with jesus… how amazing is that? And who am I to not? Who am I to let these meaningless nothings get in the way of my ministry to these people?

And then there was the 5 people in the middle section that were crying all through the service because they had lost a member of their family this week… and while we’re having a fun time and joking around, these people are crying and hurting… those are the people that need our love… or the kids that came up and sang with us on “peace like a river” last night… I believe that Christ’s hands and feet are yes, the hands and feet of missionaries, and of pastors and stuff, but also they are in the love of one person for another. these are the people that we are sent to… and I need to get out of the way of my own feelings and frustrations and worries… God will provide, I need to trust that.

More to come later.

No comments: