Tuesday, March 11, 2008

day three

Word of the Day: Lucubrate, meaning “To stay up late to study” if you need to lucubrate later, that’s between you and Jesus, but it may be necessary to graduate”

Joke of the day: Whats worse than a male chauvinist pig? A woman who wont do what they’re told.

Journal: today started out really really early!

We thought we had to be at the bus at 6:20, but we already got up at 5:00… lame… and we went to the gas station to get water and stuff at 6:15, and while we’re there Johhny gets a call that says we’re already 15 minutes late and we were supposed to be there at 6:00 am. Lame.

But, once on the bus, Jaimee did a devotional and said something that really stood out to me… in passing, she said “we are called right now to where we are”… and that just hit me. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what im going to do after college, and how im going to prepare myself, and what that might look like, and how god is preparing me now, and that just hit me… we are called by god to be where I am riht now… and that was amazing for me. The rest of the day followed suit. We went to this really HUGE house tonight, amazingly big and grand and right by a river and lots of property… it was just a huge house… and it’s a friend of mines house from VU… who knew?

I got a call at night that said my grandfather had had a diabetic coma and was not doing so well at the moment, he was not responsive and not able to do anything… not the knews I was wanting to hear about a that moment in the trip. God has really been working with me on the whole acceptance thing is truggle with… its amazing how, when you atruggle with something and God wants something to happn abot it.. he just shoves it at you… that’s what ive been feeling like on this trip… from when I heard about roommate situations for next year, to the way I have been feeling left out myself… and I have ot be really careful not to fall into that any more… im startingt o realize that Gods grace really is enough… for everything. Its changing my perpective on things…

So, we stayed in a hotel tonight… yay. No internet access… I guess this journal will remain on Word until I find it… the word shal never know my secrets! Lol

More to come.

1 comment:

Ben McClary said...

How's your grandfather doing, Josh? I'm enjoying your tour blogs. It's good to hear about God's work in you these days. Hopefully we'll be able to hang out sometime in the next couple of months...