Friday, January 02, 2009

new years resolutions?

the new year is here... and, heck, its almost two days old ALREADY!


they grow so fast, dont they?

:)

well... this year has been an interesting year, for many reasons:

1. i finished my first year of College (woohoo!)
2. I changed my major at school (i gave up music for Jesus)
3. i worked at Hume Lake for a summer, and learned a lot about God, about Jesus ad about myself.
4. I got the BEST JOB IN THE WORLD! (workin for Jesus, lovin on HS Students... does it get better?)
5. I wrote my first (of many) exegesis paper (and got an A!)
6. I started a book (which i intend to finish... see below)
7. I have been real with a lot of my friends (major "i feel better" moment)
8. I made new friends
9. I got closer with Mah Baby Sistah! (woot woot)
10. I helped a friend of mine meet the Real Jesus... (in his words: "Ive never had someone sit down and show me that there is a
difference between God and religion")
11. I have been diagnosed and am being treated for a chronic condition, and i am *FINALLY* off of consistent pain
management meds.
12. I ONCE AGAIN continued my fetish for Grey's Anatomy (im in love) but also shared the wealth with House, MD.
13. I lost a best friend, and then a few months later found him again.
14. i Read Brennan Mannings "The Ragamuffin Gospel" (changed my life) and have learned that the only way to FOllow Jesus is
to come to him as you are, not pretending, and to acknowledge that he loves you.
15. have seen God work through saints and sinners, good times, bad times, pain, hardship, loss and friends... and i have personally witnessed His faithfulness to his promise : to "Work for the good of those who love Him".

God has been incredible to me this year. i have seen his love and patience and forgiveness and grace for those whom i had deemed unworthy, much less anyone else, and have seen the wonder of the truth of who He is completely nock the socks off of people who had no idea. i can say with some great confidence that My god is AWESOME.

this year has also brought together some crazy and weird things for me. Within the hardships of life, depression hit pretty had at times. its been a weird thing, hanging on to hope when life itself seems completely void of it. i look back on my blogs over the past year and i see hardships riddled throughout. i think that that is why my mantra these past few months has been "hope is possible"... because i have to believe that it is.

hope is possible.

believe it. live it.

its weird, when you look at life always knowing that there is hope out there, life becomes better. maybe not easier, but better. because your whole idea of life and the world changes, and the things you thought were so important suddenly dont matter anymore, and you find the greatest meaning in the small things in life.

that being said, here a few Resolutions for me...
-Finish my book. (this is a big deal for me... hopefully by the end of may, i will be done. crossing fingers*)
-save $10,000
-pay off my car
-lose poundage
-get my own apartment.
-help one person each day, in some way
-get straight A's
- find a relationship
- be a better pastor
- live.

these are just a few.

new years resolutions are so fickle, its astounding. but i hold true to that old whimsical saying: (insert whimsical saying here)

happy new year everyone!


"drench yourself with words unspoken,
live your life with arms wide open.
today is where your book begins,
the rest is still unwritten"
-Natasha Beddingfield

"If they give you lined paper, write the other way".
-Juan Luis Jimenez

-Josh

No comments: