Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Music?

Do you like worship music? Like, not the old hmns and stuff- that's subject for another blog. I'm talking about the songs that involve you saying and singing words that might not be rtrue for you.

I'm sitting right now in chapel and we just sang, corperately, "I live only to see your face".

And I had to stop- I did a quick snapshot of my everyday life and I realized ha t I DONT live to see god's face most of the time. In reality, that is seldom the reason I live my life- usually I live to make sure others see me, or to get what I want, or to be heard and influential in another persons life.

It's hard to stop and reflect on this aspect of my life- because it's not something I neccisary like about me. Then I look at the stage, a d the people up there who must really do what they are professing. I mean, right?

Or are we corperatly fooling ourselves, without lookng inward at the realit of our existence, and without really understAnding what god is doing in our lives?

Why do you think?

No comments: