Tuesday, July 21, 2009

be [still]


Resting is nice. It's been nice to simply sit and not worry about who is with me, what everyone is doing, and where we need to be in 20 minutes.

resting is nice.

This is the view from where im at- Pondy Deck, with the lake and
campers at free time. its a warm 80 degrees here today, and Im excited about sitting.

i wish i had a good book.

all day today i've been thinking of the idea of being called into ministry, and had a renewed sense of urgency to reach those who are lost, the broken people around us. I look at all of the students and even the staff that are around me and i can see the social groupings of people, and i cant help but notice that even those who seem to be the "cool kids" have a sense of vulnerability in their eyes... the amazing thing to me is that all of this stuff up here is unimportant, and only valuable insomuch as it brings people to a relationship with Jesus.

Proverbs has been speaking to me today, and Jon pointed me toward a specific verse that seems all too significant to me right now.

Proverbs 30:7-8
"two things i ask of you, O Lord;
do not refuse me before i die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread"

As me and sarah were driving up, we were talking about how we both once felt called into Hume ministry full time, and how NOW that doesn't even sound at all applicable. oh, how hearts change and the spirit moves. :)

Below is the board from BE: a worship experience last weekend. the board simply said "BE..." on it... here's how everyone reacted to the night. [click the Link to make it bigger]



a wise man once said "Sometimes the most spiritual thing a man can do is rest".

well... here's to resting.


Shabbat shalom, everyone!

Josh

No comments: